Una Bruno

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

To celebrate Mother's Day we sailed all the way to Catalina Island! We slept on the boat, and ate on the boat, and I loved it. My mom was there, and GrAnn, Grandpoppy, Cosmo and Chester. We all had a fantastic weekend!



My mom and I slept in the quarter berth together. It was very cozy. Mom made such a nice snuggle nest for me, and hung toys all over for me to look at. The boat rocked gently at night - I haven't slept that well since I was in the womb!


In the morning, my mom and I climbed into bed with GrAnn to wake her up.


When we got out of bed, we found some Mother's Day muffins in the cockpit - a gift from our neighbor Linc! He is always watching out for us.

Grandpoppy made tea and coffee. Everyone was very happy! Especially my mom!

We saw so many amazing things on this trip. Dolphins jumping, sea lions barking, and even a whale!

Cosmo wanted to run after all those animals, so we put on his life jacket.

I couldn't understand why he didn't like it....

...until they put one on me!

We rode the dinghy ashore for breakfast one day. Which was an adventure in itself!

We were happy to make it to dry land!

But I couldn't wait to get back on the boat. As Grandpoppy would say, I've got the "sailing bug."

I hope we go to Catalina again soon! Maybe next time Daddy will come, too? What do you say, Daddy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home