Una Bruno

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Jardin D'Acclimatation

Today we went to a place not even my mom could pronounce! It's like a wonderland for kids, right in the middle of the Bois du Bologne, the forest on the outskirts of Paris. (I know it sounds like a bologne sandwich, dada, but it's a forest!)

They had rides and puppet shows and drums and games. And grassy fields blanketed with sweet little white flowers like these. Unlike most parks, we could actually play on the grass here!

I found these prickly little balls in the grass under a tree. Fascinating!

And this tree was perfect for playing peek-a-boo with my auntie BB!

There were pretty flowers everywhere. BB takes beautiful pictures of them. She says she might make me a flower garden in my bedroom when we get home to Los Angeles.


But my favorite things about this day are coming up next...

The bear! He's called an "ooourrrse" in french, and I can say that! He was so cute and freindly. I tried to climb into his crib to give him a big hug, but Mama wouldn't let me. I could have hung out with the oooourrrse all day!

But I'm glad we kept walking, because next I got to see the baby sheep! They say "Baaa Baa" and I can say that too. I pet this one, she was so soft and shy. Her ears were even softer that the silky edge of my baby blanket.



After the little zoo, we found a playground. I took BB down the slide (she would get scared without me).

And I showed this kid how to ride.


After a long day at the Jardin, I needed some food! Since it was Sunday, everything was closed. Mama started to panic, but then we found this little cafe, where I had my first taste of penne with pesto - YUM!

They didn't have any fruit for me, so Mama had to order mango sorbet. Too bad!

Another wonderful day in Paris!


I am getting homesick. I miss my Dada and Cosmo. I ask for them all the time. This morning I climbed into our suitcase. Almost ready to go home!

Love,
Una

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home