Firsts
I had two big "Firsts" this week.

Number One - My First Laugh. Well, the first time I laughed at all I was alone with my mom. I don't know what came over me. Nothing that funny was happening (in fact Mama was cleaning my goop eye with a q-tip!) but I just felt something big coming out of my chest. "HA HA HA" I said. Mama dropped the Q tip and stared at me with wide eyes that filled up with tears.

But the first time I laughed in front of other people, I was with my Aunties at Jake & Mina's house. I was all bundled up to take a hike, and Auntie Bridget started wiggling her fingers in my armpits. This is called a "tickle." I had never experienced a tickle before. It made me lose all control of my voice and my heart got all jumpy. Something came out of my mouth, something that sounded very silly. Jake said it was a "giggle!"

Then we went on a hike and everyone was so happy about my giggle. They acted very silly all day. My mama's been telling this story non-stop. She says "there's nothing like hearing your baby laugh for the first time."


Number Two - My first babysitter - Auntie Bridget! I was apart from my mom for the very first time this week. I didn't think it was any big deal, but Mom thought so. Me and Auntie B had fun. I woke up so she could feed me a bottle and put me back to sleep.

Thanks for babysitting me, Auntie B!

Number One - My First Laugh. Well, the first time I laughed at all I was alone with my mom. I don't know what came over me. Nothing that funny was happening (in fact Mama was cleaning my goop eye with a q-tip!) but I just felt something big coming out of my chest. "HA HA HA" I said. Mama dropped the Q tip and stared at me with wide eyes that filled up with tears.

But the first time I laughed in front of other people, I was with my Aunties at Jake & Mina's house. I was all bundled up to take a hike, and Auntie Bridget started wiggling her fingers in my armpits. This is called a "tickle." I had never experienced a tickle before. It made me lose all control of my voice and my heart got all jumpy. Something came out of my mouth, something that sounded very silly. Jake said it was a "giggle!"

Then we went on a hike and everyone was so happy about my giggle. They acted very silly all day. My mama's been telling this story non-stop. She says "there's nothing like hearing your baby laugh for the first time."


Number Two - My first babysitter - Auntie Bridget! I was apart from my mom for the very first time this week. I didn't think it was any big deal, but Mom thought so. Me and Auntie B had fun. I woke up so she could feed me a bottle and put me back to sleep.

Thanks for babysitting me, Auntie B!


1 Comments:
At 9:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
My Dearest Una,
I wanted to thank you for spending my spring break with me. I could not have asked for a better way to spend my break. I had the most amazing week with you, going on the boat, the art exhibit, seeing you laugh for the first time, and even just watching you sleep. You are a beautiful little girl and I miss seeing your smiling face already and waiting until May seems slightly unfair, don't grow up too much. I love you.
Love Always,
Aunt E
P.S. Thank your Mom and Dad for everything too.
Post a Comment
<< Home