Una Bruno

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Daddy Weekend

My Daddy is going back to work on Monday. So this weekend, we tried to do lots of things that he likes to do. I'm going to miss spending every day with him. He is so much fun. He sings me silly songs and makes the wind blow through my hair. He picks out my clothes for me, gives me scratchy kisses and knows just how to make me burp. I love my Dad.

Mommy and Daddy took me to this place where they rolled out mats and got into funny positions. They called it "Baby Yoga," but all I did was watch. They said strange things like "ooooommmmm," and I laughed at them. It was so entertaining, I stayed awake almost the whole time!


My dad loves hanging out with my Godparents. So they came over for dinner and a sleepover. Mommy made the baked ziti he loves. Everyone fell asleep watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Even my dad! Cosmo got to sleep with them on the sofa all night, but Mommy made me and my Daddy come to bed upstairs.

My dad says Langers has the best pastrami sandwiches in the world. Langers is a deli in MacArthur Park that's been around for a long time. Nathan came with us, and we all had a delicious lunch. See?
The waitresses there were really nice to me. One of them, Caroline, helped me recognize my name for the first time. She said "Uuuuunnnaaa," and I opened my eyes and looked right at her!

After Langers, Nathan took us to the American Apparel factory in the warehouse district downtown, where you can buy clothes at wholesale prices. Mom says Dad was "like a kid in a candy store." He bought tons of onesies in every color of the rainhow. But they're not all for me. He's going to make stencils on them and sell them in stores! Just like the one he made for me for the Pirate Party with the skull and crossbones on it. My dad is so creative.
This is me and my dad outside the factory.

My dad also loves it when I take him on a hike in Runyon Canyon. I let him carry me all the way up in a contraption called the "Baby Bjorn." Since I weigh 12 lbs 4 ounces now, he sweats a lot when he carries me. My mom and Cosmo came too, but his time, Dr. J also hiked! It was his first time, but he managed to keep up with me.

Afterwards, our neighbor Peggy came over to visit. Peggy is a fancy costume designer for movies, so it was pretty cool of her to help me get dressed!


My dad was really excited to introduce Cosmo and Chester, so we went down to Long Beach. At first, they didn't get along very well, but by the end of the evening, they were friends.

I also got to see my cousin, Amara. I can't wait until we both get big enough to play together.


On Sunday my Dad had a great day, too. First, my Godfather came over for a hike.

Then, they made a delicious breakfast while I nursed for 40 minutes! After that, my dad and Dave got out the power tools and started cutting wood and carpet and moving bags of sand to the front yard. They turned our front yard into a place to play horseshoes!

Then, Auntie Bridget came over, and then some more people. Everyone looked at a box in the corner of the living room. Inside the box, little tiny men wearing tights and hats ran around some very green grass, throwing a ball to each other. They called it Superbowl. Auntie Bridget LOVES Superbowl.

Lots of my dad's friends came over that night, but I was tired out from our fun weekend. I went to bed early, and didn't wake up until very very late.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a weekend it was. I love you sweetheart and your mom too. I had such an amazing time can't wait til next weekend. I love my girls, and you to Cosmo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home